Information We Collect
What You Directly Provide Us
When you use our applications, you provide us with some basic information such as your institution and username. Using this information (as well as your password which is securely stored on your device and never touches our servers), we log you into your institution and collect additional information in order to provide you a better experience.
What You Automatically Provide Us When You Use Our Services
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity and what courses, tools and features of the app you use the most..
- Device Information. We collect information about your device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers (including MAC address and IMEI), browser type and language, mobile device phone number, and mobile network information. We also collect certain device information that will help us diagnose problems in the (hopefully rare) event you experience any crash or other problem while using our Services. So, for example, if we detect a crash or other problematic event, we may collect the list of apps on your device and other information about your device’s performance at the time of the event for troubleshooting purposes.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with the best experience when using our apps. But we do a lot more as well, such as:
- Communicate with you. Provide you support through our support channels;
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage;
- Develop, improve, and refine products, services, and functionality;
- Personalize the Services by providing advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests;
Where Information Is Processed
Tiger Bytes is based in South Africa and while we may have users all over the world, we aim to meet all legal requirements with regard to data collection in South Africa.